Gallery

Monday, May 30, 2011

Awash with Flowers.......

What a gorgeous sunny Melbourne morning, albeit a little chilly, l have finally gotten around to taking a pic of a card l made last week using my so long coveted and now l have..Stampin-Up "Awash with Flowers" set.

This will definitely not be un-loved, there are so many gorgeous images in this set and very versatile, being a 2-step stamp set it allows for using just the line art images for colouring, or used with a stamp-a-majig you get solid images and line art, or when using the line art on DSP you can fussy cut and get a totally different look.....So much fun!

OK, getting to my card, l opted for the line-art and colouring technique on this one.....l kept the card layout and embellishment's to a minimum to highlight the image.

Using a blender pen, l applied my ink directly to the watercolour paper from the ink pads using Pumpkin pie, Daffodil Delight, Regal rose and Old olive, the images were stamped in Staz-On black.
I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the stamens using a 2 way glue pen and mounted it on Basic Black cardstock and Pumpkin Pie DSP.

Thanks for stopping by and l hope you have a great week.

                                                                  

5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love!!!!!! I continue to covet, and yet not own, this stamp set. You're not helping!! The colours are glorious, I love the sparkles, and I really like the crimping of the DSP (just bought me a crimper, so I need some inspiration - thanks, love). Beautiful, Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nikki this is divine. I love it to bits. I continue to covet this set also, one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your colouring is divine!! I also love the corrugations on the bottom of the card. Very clever, Nikki ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Nikki. Love your colouring and the sparkle is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning design Nikki. Your colouring is magnificent. :)

    ReplyDelete