Gallery

Friday, August 14, 2015

Just Add Ink #275....Sketch!




I love Friday, firstly because it signals the weekend is near and secondly l get to share this weeks new Just Add Ink challenge.  This week we have a fun sketch from Kim, I love the simple elements and decided to go with a CAS style.
I used the "Elegant Dots" embossing folder for some understated texture. Like the Boho Chic folder, it's another of those unobtrusive patterns, that l have to say are steadily becoming a fave.
I added some soft watercolour to the negative space using the Perpetual Calendar stamp set in soft Sky.
If you look closely at the first pic, you can see the butterfly is a triple stack, the first being Lost Lagoon, the second it stamped with Soft Sky & Lost Lagoon and Silver glimmer for sparkle on top.


Pop over and be inspired by the design team samples, there are some fab samples using the sketch!

"Thanks for stopping by"
All supplies used are Stampin Up!

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully understated. I love the soft watercolour in your negative space and that triple layered butterfly is so sweet. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeously elegant Nikki! Love that expanse of delicate embossing and that wonderful layered butterfly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the inspiration Nikki - Delys just gave me this embossing folder and now you given me a kick start - legend - Andrea & the dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunningly elegant Nikki! I adore your soft layered butterfly and the negative space behind it and the elegant embossing! xo

    ReplyDelete