Gallery

Friday, April 19, 2013

Just Add Ink #162


Good Morning!.....It's time for this weeks Just Add Ink challenge and this week we want you to Just Add a "Technique" you haven't tried before. 
If you are anything like me, there are no doubt heaps that you want to try, but just never got around to doing. Well,  this is the perfect opportunity and it can be anything you want!

I went with "Teflon Craft Sheet Ink Swiping & Stamping", l have actually tried the ink on Craft sheet bit before, but used it to create a background on card stock. This one is a little different, l used Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant and Always Artichoke and swiped a patch of each on my sheet keeping them separate and lightly misted with water...(Very lightly).
I then used my Secret Garden stamp set and inked them up from my sheet, really simple and fun!


I love the effect of water colour that it gives and can imagine it in many colour combinations. I had heaps of ink left on my sheet after stamping this and grabbed some more card to create an all over DSP look.


I will be back shortly to show you how l used my water colour DSP and combined it with some techniques from the recent Pattern Play class l enrolled in at Online Classes.
The Design Team have used some very cool techniques to get you motivated, so don't forget to stop by their blogs and check them out too.
"Thanks for stopping by & have a great day"
All Products Used Are Stampin-Up.

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! You've used my favorite colours and I love this technique. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty, Nikki. I need you to explain this technique to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cards Nikki! Just a bit confused about the kraft sheet, is it clear window sheet?
    Thanks
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, Thanks for your lovely comments...:0) Sorry l didn't really explain it well did l? The Kraft sheet l refer to is also called a "TEFLON" craft sheet. l got mine originally from spotlight in the sewing/Patchwork section, but you can get them at most Patchwork shops, they are used for iron on applique. Some people use "Cookie Sheets" same thing, apparently Aldi have them. Also anywhere that sells Ranger (Tim Holtz) products would have them too. You can see a glimpse of mine in the background of the last pic. I think it would work on anything smooth and non absorbent. Probably even baking paper...:0)

      Delete
  4. Or is it like the brown paper that the orders come packaged with?
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun technique Nikki! It would probably work well on acetate or the imaging sheet from your stamp-a-majig... Your floral design is beautiful. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky! l think the Stamp-a-majig sheet on the rough side would work...good thinking. But l tried the acetate and found it a little slippery, hence the images came out more smudgy...:0)xx

      Delete
  6. What beautiful flowers this makes, Nikki! Now I'm itching to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely - will give it a go Nikki - thanks for the inspiration! Andrea & the dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the tutorial - I loved your card so much, and the colours you chose were brilliant. Definitely nbeed to try this.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the water color effect. What do you use to mask the sentiment area? I have tried paper, post its, wax paper and window sheet. The ink always bleeds underneath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris, l use a low tack masking tape, you can get it at most paint stores in a variety of widths...:0)

      Delete
  10. Nikki, thank you so much for sharing this technique, I'm going to try this today. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this technique, will be trying it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow----stunning fun! Gorgeous card, and fun technique.

    ReplyDelete