Gallery

Friday, April 13, 2012

Just Add Ink #113....

Morning all, l hope you all enjoyed your Easter break with loved ones and the Easter bunny was kind..:0)
This weeks challenge over at Just Add Ink is a gorgeous inspiration pic from Jodene.



The DT have created some very inspiring cards for you, using so many different elements from this pic, my inspiration was the colours and the striped carpet, l combined those with some of the awesome techniques learnt during Tim Holtz "Creative Chemistry" on-line class l took recently....So much fun and l learnt so much and came away with an amazing increase in my product knowledge.
I am hoping to substitute TH products with SU wherever possible, as l already have those. 
For this card l used Stampin-Up re-inkers and whisper white craft ink to create the background, l'm pretty happy with how it turned out and enjoyed getting inky and watching it come together.


Pop over to JAI and see how the girls interpreted this weeks challenge and we would love to see how it inspires you.

            "Thanks for stopping by & Enjoy your weekend"
Supplies:
Sahara sand-Pool party-Whisper white & Calypso coral C/stocks & Inks
Staz-On Black ink
Crimper, Aqua pen & Elements of style flourish
Butterflies & Bling Non-SU

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely STUNNING Nikki! The background looks amazing - can't wait to see what other tricks you have learned. Love the understated elegance of the crimped section of the card too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nikki, this is amazing! I love it! I can't wait to see more Tim Holz-inspired work. :-)

    I pinned a comparison of Distress Ink vs Stampin'Up! ink a while back and it is amazing how flexible the SU! inks can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Nikki and I can't wait to see the rest of your tags from class - hint, hint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunningly beautiful Nikki. Love the background colours with the white flourish and then those beautiful butterflies on top are simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that tecnique makes it looks so textural. The pop of black is very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I just want to run my fingers over your card. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stunning Nikki .... love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the intricate layers of ink and images in this Nikki and the vibrant colours. What a fabulous result.
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Nikki! This is my first time to visit your blog, (via Michelle) but I will definitely be back! I love that you applied the Tim Holtz technique and made it in your lovely style. Great job, and congrats on the Liebster award!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A-ma-zing, my friend! Absolutely beautiful card; I love it to bits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very clever! I love this effect of this technique Nikki - it's really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fantastic card Nikki, the technique is fabulous. I so wished I could have taken his class, I love him lol, beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. Ang :)

    ReplyDelete