Gallery

Friday, June 30, 2017

Just Add Ink #366...Just Add "A"




Over at Just Add Ink we have a fun new challenge from Tina. She has suggested we add "A" to our projects.
The first thing that popped into my mind was Animals and as l have been playing with inky techniques a little, l thought l would create an Aurora effect for this little guy from the "A little wild" set to do some stargazing.
It's clean, simple, super sparkly (hard to capture) and was a whole lot of fun!

Don't forget to stop by the challenge blog for lots of awesome inspiration from the rest of the design team.




SKY-How too!.... For those that have asked, here is what l did to create the the aurora/sky effect.

Watercolour paper.
Sponged in and ombre effect Tempting Turquoise-Island Indigo-Night of Navy.
Dip your fingers in a bowl of water and let drip onto inked area and then flick your fingers to remove remaining water and create a speckled effect.
Don't be tempted to heat dry, the longer you let the ink pigments wick out, the better and more natural the effect.
Once dry, l added some silver details for some fine sparkle and stars using silver glimmer paper and the retired star border punch...It had to have sparkles..:0)

Thanks for stopping by!
All supplies used are Stampin Up!


18 comments:

  1. LOVE your card, Nikki! The sky is a beautiful focal point! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked at all the cards in the challenge and was instantly drawn to your beautiful card. Then I check the creator, should have known it was one of yours. As always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe...you are too sweet! Thank you for taking the time to comment and for your lovely words. Xx

      Delete
  3. I love this. Please give some details for making the sky. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pam, thanks for your comment..:0) I have updated the post with how l created the sky, hope it makes sense..:0)

      Delete
  4. This is utterly adorable Nikki!. I love how you used the bear's back side image to create a looking through window effect and your aurora night sky is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - totally stunning Nikki. Love, love, love the aurora effect - stunning! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how adorable. This card is so magical and actually sent a shiver down my spine. It really got my emotions and imagination going - I wonder what the little guy is dreaming of????? Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful idea and giving me so much inspiration. I have just ordered this bundle so I am going to have so much fun. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely words Linda. So glad I could inspire...It's such a sweet set, l'm sure you will have loads of fun. xx

      Delete
  7. This is absolutely stunning Nikki! I adore your Aurora background and all its richness and sparkly details and I think you may have just made that little bear irresistible too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Aurora background technique is so stunning!! Such a fabulous technique. I must give it a go! The little bear looking up to the sky is super cute. Love everything about this card. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card! The colouring of your space background is stunning and the little bear is so cute! This set has quickly become a fave!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card and must try the technique! Just got this set delivered yesterday and am anxious to play. The bear is what really drew me to it. I can certainly understand being obsessed with him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What stamp set did the sentiment come from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billie, the sentiment is from the retired hostess set "Gift of Love"..:0)

      Delete
  12. So special. Everything about this card is gorgeous! So sorry for the 'Aunty' bit, I'm trying to work out how to lose it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm totally in love with this card!! ♥

    ReplyDelete