Gallery

Friday, February 27, 2015

Just Add Ink #252....Sketch!


Hey there!...It's time for another challenge over at Just Add Ink and this week Kim created a very "on trend" sketch for us to play with...Love it!
I'm a sucker for straight lines and angles, so this sketch was perfect for me and loads of fun to work with.
Once again, l grabbed for the new goodies and based my colour theme around those in the gorgeous "Best Year Ever" dsp, available in the Sale-A-Bration Brochure.

Today l am winging my way across the ditch to Auckland NZ, to teach at the "Ohope Beach Creative Escape Retreat" organised by Delys Cram.....To say I'm excited is an understatement, I'm so looking forward to catching up with the NZ girls from JAI and Conventions past and meeting some lovely ladies as well.




Here's the link to a fab YouTube video from Patty Bennett if you want to try the flower...Tutorial

Do yourself a favour and pop over to the challenge blog and check out the fabulous DT samples.

"Thanks for stopping by"
All supplies used are Stampin up!

10 comments:

  1. Nikki I love how we've both used the same DSP but have made completely different cards.
    I hope you have a fab time in NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nikki, this card is beautiful, and it is my first time to your site, I just wonder which flower or dies you used for this card, It is beautiful. I can't help but have to ask you, please respond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Edna, Oh, thank you so much for your lovely comment and l do hope you'll pop back again..:0)
      I used the Stampin Up Rolled Rose Bigz die and if you pop over to this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBK1OeOWd80
      Patty Bennett has a great tutorial you can follow..:0)

      Delete
  3. wow ... that's beautiful Nikki - thanks for sharing - thanks Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh!! I always love your flowers Nikki! This is such a gorgeous full rich blossom. Love how the hello is scrawled along the bottom too! Hope your had a wonderful weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow oh wow - this is absolutely gorgeous! That DSP is the perfect fit for a flowery floral card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! All the elements go so well together. Hope NZ was lots of fun and you enjoyed catching up with D and P. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Nikki! That flower looks fantastic and I love how you've used the 'Hello' on the bottom of the panel. All ties in together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did your retreat go? Ohope is so beautiful, hope they put on some nice weather for you so you could swim at the beach. Your card is fantastic and that flower is definitely the star. Really like the design and colours in the background paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous Nikki! Your flower looks amazing and I love your use of the DSP and Hello dies - so elegant! I hope you had a wonderful time in NZ ( my homeland like many others ) xx

    ReplyDelete