Gallery

Friday, April 18, 2014

Just Add Ink #211....Sketch!



Happy Easter everyone!...This weeks Just Add Ink challenge is this lovely sketch from Paula. I love the simple lines and shapes and thought l would put it to use on one of the large & lovely Kraft boxes from SU. I stuck to some simple details for the box top, using the sketch layout for that and created a tag to sit on top.
To create the flower l used this great tutorial from the talented Patty Bennett and the Spiral Flower die available in the current seasonal catalogue and two pieces of Core'dinations card stock in So Saffron & Daffodil Delight,  cut, rolled and hot glued together with some scrunching and sanding and it was done...I really love the colours in the Retro Fresh DSP, and that it has a coordinating set of Washi Tape is awesome!





Don't forget to pop over and check out the design teams sketch samples and if you're looking for some inspiration over the Easter break, grab the sketch and play along, we'd love to see how you would use it!

"Thanks for stopping by & have a great weekend"
All supplies used are Stampin Up!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I'm loving the bright colours on this pretty little present! I off to check out that flower tutorial right now :)
    Hope you have a fab Easter xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you translated the sketch into a box topper Nikki - great idea and it looks super fabulous topped with that gorgeous flower tag. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Nikki! Your flower is just stunning and the colours & papers you've used are so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you went for a gift box with this sketch Nikki. I'd never have thought to do that. It worked out beautifully and I love that gorgeous flower. Such a pretty project. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. That flower is SO pretty! What a beautiful tag & gift box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Washi tape does match so perfectly with the DSP......I can't believe I have been playing with both the DSP and Washi tape for a few months now and have not noticed that!! The tag is fabulous with your wonderful flower. Chantell.

    ReplyDelete