Gallery

Monday, October 28, 2013

Joyful Christmas....Stained Glass!


Morning!....I'm back onto my Christmas card prep and wanted to share with you this very cool technique called "Stained Glass" It's so pretty and very easy to do. I've seen so many gorgeous creations using it and although l have no idea of it's origins, l thought l would share my version.


Using the Poinsettia from Joyful Christmas, l embossed it on Vellum with Silver E/P & Versamark, flipped it over and added Pool Party & Bermuda Bay with a Dauber to the back of the flowers and Pistachio Pudding & Wild Wasabi to the leaves. Cut it out and using my Bone Folder l curled the petals to give it some dimension, added some of the gorgeous "Chunky Glass Glitter" to the center and left the rest pretty CAS!

"Thanks for stopping by & have a great day"
All Supplies used are Stampin-Up!

14 comments:

  1. I have never seen this technique (shows how long I've been away from my computer). Your card is absolutely divine. Yet another idea from you to try *wink*. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki this is utterly gorgeous! Love the soft bluey green tones you used and all the sparkly touches. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Beautiful. I saw it and truly said wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Nikki! Love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card and I love the soft colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! Positively breathtaking!! Love your unique color choices and the technique!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing your instructions on how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning. Love the soft blue with the silver! Thanks for sharing the details on how you created this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous. I love it all but I especially love your colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, stunning and brilliant! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, stunning and brilliant!! Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a simple technique yet such an elegant card !

    ReplyDelete