Gallery

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Just Add Ink Scrapbooking challenge #1

"Happy New Year".........Wishing you all a fabulous 2012, with much Love, Laughter & Creativeness......


To kick start 2012 we have a brand new monthly Scrapbooking challenge happening over at Just Add Ink DelysRuth will be providing us with inspiration, so l am very much looking forward to playing along whenever possible.
This months theme is to just add "FIRSTS or One/1",  so this is my very First 12x12 Layout, my First child and my First Daughter to get married...........



I went with "One Perfect Day" using their Wedding invites as a starting point for colour, the photos themselves are not the best quality, but to me they are a perfect reminder of what a happy day they both had...their smiles say it all!
The Pearl pins are a keepsake from the day, they were Aaron & Husbands button hole pins, so l really wanted to include them in the LO....So overall I'm pretty happy with it for a first attempt.
Hopefully you can join in the fun and learn along with me.

               "Hugs for a wonderful year ahead"

4 comments:

  1. Aaaaw! How special. I guess with those little grandsons of yours, we will see a few more lay outs over the coming year. A great first 12X12. You are much braver than me. PS: Thanks for the very glam Christmas card and the message inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic 1st 12 X 12 LO, Nikki! I love that you used the pins on it. It's been over a year since I scrapped a page so I would love to join in on this challenge. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic rt effort, beautiful page celebrating a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special page to commemorate your daughter's wedding day! Love that you have incorpoated the button hole pins on the layout. Beautiful Nikki! :)

    ReplyDelete