Gallery

Friday, December 2, 2011

Just Add Tania....JAI #96

Good Morning....We have a fun challenge over at Just Add Ink this week, we have been Challenged to Just Add fellow DT member Tania Gould
I love Tania's work, she has such a flair for gorgeous "Vintage Inspired" projects and let me just say choosing a case project wasn't easy...but after much deliberation, l finally settled on this beautiful card to case.....

I loved the simple clean lines and pretty colour combo Tania has used and decided to pretty much case it exactly.....but, l ended up making 2 cards, the first one was as l intended and pretty much a straight case, that was until l decided to use the Stampin Up formula of +ONE and took it that one step further and ran it partially through the bigshot using the Square Lattice embossing folder.
Well, you know when you do something and regret it straight away, that was me!

Definitely thinking that the added Embossing was overkill and did nothing to enhance Tania's gorgeous card in anyway!
So, l decided a very simple clean version was the way to go and a much better show of the lovely new Stampin-Up DSP called Spice Cake....my new absolute fave!
The rest of the DT have CASED Tania beautifully, Including Tania herself..lol, Lot's of lovely inspiration over at JAI and of course check out Tania's Blog, choose a project and play along, we would love to see your creations.

"Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful festive weekend"
                                     
Supplies: Card 1
SpiceCake DSP
Pick a Petal & Sincere Salutations stamp sets
Soft Suede ink
Pear Pizzazz Button, Linen Thread.
1/2" Circle punch & corner Rounder
Window sheet & Timber Brown Staz-On.

Card 2: above supplies +
Pool Party & Soft Suede Cardstocks
Square Lattice Emb/folder
Soft Suede Marker.

8 comments:

  1. This is a stunning CASE of Tania's lovely card. The spice cake DSP looks so, so pretty against the white. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you made me laugh, my friend, with your opinion of your first card! I think it is gorgeous, but I do understand how you feel :) Ooh, you broke open those yummy buttons ... the second card is super-cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I loved this card I made - and I love yours too! I actually really like the embossing - makes it a bit "quirky"! And I love your 2nd card as well - simple is often so so so striking and this one is just that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki both of your cards are gorgeous. I truly love them both. Gosh that Spice Cake is yum isn't it! I LOVE the window sheet petals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the coolest flower I've ever seen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of these Nikki! And your choice of papers is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! I haven't used this stamp set in for-ever. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are gorgeous Nikki. Love your choice of papers! :)

    ReplyDelete