Gallery

Friday, August 26, 2011

Just Add Ink #82

Good morning, it's JAI time again and as a celebration of sorts for the new "Stampin-Up" catalogue release next Thursday,  the very talented Jo Eades has challenged us to raid our stash and use something we have had forever!.....Now if your like me the choice was plentiful! I am ashamed to admit that l had many possibilities and in the case of stamps some had yet to see ink, not to mention having to mount the set l chose to use for this weeks challenge....Was that a gasp l heard?....l am sure many of you can relate..:0)


OK lets get on with it, here's my creation............A quick and simple little set.


I needed to make a small gift for a friend and can you guess what her favourite chocolates are?
With that in mind l wanted to use the retiring set "Tart & Tangy"..........l decided to extend the size of the Fancy favours gift box using a technique from last years Melb Regionals, that way l could fit more in and make it a little more substantial and of course l had to eat the ones that wouldn't fit!
I cut 2 boxes, one in black and the other white, l then removed the bottom flap section from the white and trimmed the top scallop section from the black.
Then using sticky strip, l re-attached both the black pieces to the top and bottom of the white piece.


Using my SU markers, l randomly stamped the cherry image all over and then coated each one with a layer of Crystal effects to give them a nice glossy look.


The greeting is from the Stampin-up set "A word for you" and was the perfect sentiment for the images.
Well l feel way better now that l have put ink to rubber before it retired, if your wondering what others have in their stash and haven't been there yet, check out the rest of the DT at Just Add Ink, you are sure to be inspired by the fabulous projects over there, so dig out those items you just had to have, but have yet to use...We all have at least one!
I hope you can find the time to play along and l look forward to seeing what YOU haven't used yet!


All products are stampin up, with the exception of the bakers twine and Cherry ripes!


"Thanks for stopping by" & enjoy your weekend!





10 comments:

  1. I have so many sets that haven't been used in a while that the choice will take forever! I love your shiny cherries! This is a delightful set to make or receive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh-so-cute! I am in awe of your neatness, in applying the Crystal Effects, Nikki .... I'm much more prone to creating blobs with it! Love the idea of extending the Fancy Favor box (hadn't seen that tip before), and I really love how you've decorated it. Congratulations on mounting a set one week before it retires, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nikki, that's a great tip to make that Fancy Favour box bigger. Maybe I would have realised that too if I had of actually finished the M&T from Regionals. I love how you've added the CE to the cherries, reminds me of some DSP that was available some time ago that I have yet to use, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki, the cherries are so very cute! And thanks for showing us how to make the box bigger. It is on my birthday wishlist (fingers crossed).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet project Nikki (I just couldn't resist saying it - lol). The cherries look so tactile glossed up like that. Thanks for showing how you extended the box too.
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cherries - and that crystal effects is such a cute added touch!
    And I love Cherry Ripes too!!!! Just thought I'd share that little bit of useless information!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet gift Nikki and I didn't gasp, I just hung my head in shame! My project this week was using something I had in my stash for ages and untouched...but I didn't go to the trouble of mounting the stamp set, I just grabbed a stamp off my table that was already mounted! So it still needs to be mounted...maybe I can use it as a lucky door prize and someone else can mount it! Have a great weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving those glossy cherries! Great little set.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this project Nikki! And being a Cherry Ripe fan I love the contents too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic idea to make that box bigger!Thanks for the inspiration. The glossy cherries really add that little extra (now I need chocolate!)

    ReplyDelete